Become a TSW Patreon Supporter
If you’ve been on this journey with us since 2009, then I’d like to thank you for being a loyal reader. If you’re just arriving here for the first time, then welcome to one of the most interesting websites you’ll ever bookmark.
I’m very excited you’re with us for this next phase of our evolution — and it’s all about you.
If you just want to sign up to become a TSW patron now, just click Become a Patron on our Patreon Page. If you want to learn more first, then read on!
There’s No Reason You Shouldn’t Be the Driver
Look, I get it. The web is full of websites screaming for your attention. Your loyalty as a daily reader favors those sites that can fulfill your desire for compelling stories.
You don’t want a bunch of B.S. – you want evidence-based investigations that reveal the truth. And for a site that can deliver that kind of content to you, you might even be willing to support it.
And what if that website also supported you — by letting you decide what gets investigated?
What if you could control the narrative of what’s covered? Wouldn’t that be a refreshing change from the mainstream media that shoves its own narrative down your throat?
Readers Should Have Editorial Control
I’ve been spending years running this website out-of-pocket, at a financial loss. But then several revelations all hit me at once.
- Google Advertising isnt’ a sustainable publishing business model.
- People absolutely hate ads (myself included).
- What if investigative reporting could be driven by readers?
- What if all of us combined our collective resources to seek the truth?
This is when I realized what Patreon offers. If you are willing to donate at least $5 a month (less than the cost of a Starbucks coffee twice a month), we could collectively build an investigative powerhouse. We could dig deeper into stories, travel to the locations of unusual sightings, and interview witnesses of the paranormal.
We could bring critical-thinking, open-minded skeptical reseach to an area so desperate for it.
So what do you get?
I know you work hard for your money and I would never ask anyone to support this effort without getting anything in return. So I’ve created a series of packages to thank suporters, and to enable readers to contribute more directly to the direction of the website.
- Iron Supporters ($5/mo): You receive a free magnetic “TopSecretWriters.com” bumper sticker; and access to the “Story Ideas” editorial spreadsheet where you can submit your own article ideas for TSW investigators to research.
- Silver Readers ($10/mo): All of the Iron Supporters benefits, plus free membership in our “insider readers” group, where you receive a monthly sneak preview of all impending expose articles before they get published.
- Golder Thinker ($25/mo): All of the Silver Reader benefis, plus direct editorial access to the “Owner’s Inbox” to propose research writing projects. YOUR ideas receive priority consideration by the managing editor.
- Platinum Club ($100/mo): All Golder Thinker benefits, plus you can request 1 short article idea any time you like for our investigative journalists to research and write about. Guaranteed coverage of the topic (unless Managing Editor disagrees). This is typically a short news story or quick topic you feel deserves coverage. As a Platinum Club supporter you directly sponsor short blog posts and therefore have more direct control over the editorial direction of the site.
- VIP Supporters ($400/mo): All of the Platinum Club benefits, plus as a VIP supporter you can send in any in-depth topic of your choice that we’ll assign an investigative journalist to research and guarantee we’ll write about (unless the Managing Editor disagrees). At this level you are in direct editorial control of the site!
If you sign up as a Platinum or VIP Supporter, your suggestions get added directly to the site’s editorial calendar for assignment to an investigative journalist!
Okay, so time to sign up! Just click on the Become a Patron button on our Patreon Page now!
As an added bonus, once we hit a level of $1000 a month, we’re going to remove all ads from the website. There is no greater way to thank readers for supporting the site than providing a 100% ad-free reading experience.